The Importance of Team Building
Have you ever considered taking your team on a company-wide retreat? How well do you know your co-workers? Have you recently hired new employees? Are you a company that values team building?
In a world where attention is focused on making your clients happy, businesses often forget about their most valued asset, which are their employees. Team building and specially planned activities not only boost morale of employees, but it can also increase the success of your business. Team building takes individual employees and creates a cohesive team that works together.
Here are a few reasons why team building is important in the workplace:
- Creates better communication- Plan team building activities that can create discussion to enable open communication among employees and between employees and management. This will improve office relationships and in turn, the quality of work at the workplace.
- Motivates employees– Team leadership and team building go hand in hand. The more comfortable your employees are to express their ideas and opinions, the more confident they will become. This will motivate them to take on new challenges.
- Encourages Creativity– Taking your team outside of the office setting and exposing them to new fun experiences will get them thinking outside of their normal routine. Working together with other team members can ignite creativity and fresh ideas, which are great qualities to bring back to the office.
- Develops problem-solving-skills- Team building activities that require coworkers to work together to solve problems can improve the ability to think rationally and strategically. Teams that can identify when a problem occurs and know what they can do to solve it, can then effectively take care of issues that arise in the workplace with clients.
- Breaks Barriers– Team building increases the trust factor with your employees. Often in corporate settings there is a disconnect between the leadership team and the employees because the employees sense too large of a gap between the two. Team building exercises give leadership the opportunity to be seen as a colleague rather than a boss, which can do wonders for employee morale.
Overall, team building in the workplace enables better communication, better relationships and ultimately increases productivity. Team building doesn’t have to always be a meeting to accomplish the goal of a cohesive team. You can build your teams by structuring activities and fun events that team members can do together. You can do a variety of exercises or play a variety of sports as team builders.
Successful exercises around golf work well for golfers and non-golfers. Usually, your team will consist of people with different golfing skill levels. Differing skill levels occur every day on the job, so this type of team building exercise is appropriate.
Don’t limit your group to just Mondays! Baylands Golf Links is a public resort style course, so book your next team building event any day of the week!
For more information on hosting an event click HERE.